Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas stockings and 'My So Called Life'

It's been such a long time since I've blogged!  This is mostly because I haven't finished anything.  The wine colored cardigan sweater just needs the sleeves and finishing work done and I'll be able to wear it.  Although knitting this has taken a very long time, it has been such a fun project.  The faux cable twists look really pretty and the yarn is such a great color.  Hopefully I can post the finish product soon.


Last Friday, Knit1 opened their store for a wonderful Black Friday event.  All yarn was 20% off.  They offered wine, food, and open for people to knit.  I ended up buying quite a bit of yarn, probably too much! Luckily, most of the yarn has a project to go with it.  


At tonight's knitting class, Margaret gave me the Christmas stocking pattern.  I have four stockings to make. They will be gifts though, so I'm just going to focus and try to get them done as quickly as possible.  I ended up purchasing the Addi Turbo needles (16" size 9) because the size 6 that I'm using for my sweater are SOOO incredibly amazing.  I never knew that the needles could make such a difference in how much fun knitting is, but these making the yarn glide very smoothly. Yes, I am completely aware of how dorky this makes me seem. :)


Anyway, pictures of all my still unfinished products will make their way onto this blog sometime very soon in the future. 



Baby Mila.... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment