Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Children's things..


Some things that I've completed this summer.


These past two weeks, I've been on a children's knitting spree.  It all started when I was getting ready to travel to Canada for Mark's cousin's baby shower.  What better gift then baby booties?  At my knitting class, Kris has a sign on the door that says, "Knot a Yarn Shop".  She does however have some yarn for sale and faces increasing pressure to turn her husband's photography studio into an actual yarn store.   Anyway, I bought really soft cream and green yarn from her and cranked out these:

Pattern: Ann Norling Infant Set III by Sandi Rosner

I like these because they are constructed like adult socks.  The eyelets for the tie were fun to do and I love the contrast of the green on the cream sock.  They are super soft and hopefully she'll send a picture of the baby wearing them.

The baby booties were quick knits and made me realize how fun it is to finish something really fast.  I decided that my nephews and cousin's baby girl MUST be in dire need of winter things.  Yes, it is just the beginning of August, but a knitter must be prepared for the coming seasons. haha 

My cousin Tyler has a little girl who was born premature.  She's doing great, but is still a tiny little thing.  I've been wanting to learn how to do some color work and so I took the opportunity to try on this little winter hat.  Although it wasn't complicated, I love how this hat turned out.  I've done stripes before, but for the blue 'dots' I switched back and forth every other stitch from purple to blue.  It was so much fun knitting something pinkish/purple.  I may make a flower to add to the hat later.

I used Lion Brand's Vanna White yarn.  Not the softest ever, but I have  two whole dresser drawers filled with the stuff.  It will also hold up better for little kids.

I used the same pattern to make hats for two of my nephews.  The hats for my two youngest nephews are still a work in progress.  They will also have matching mittens.  

The hat on the left was knitted with the same yarn as the baby booties.  It's super soft and my oldest nephew loves it.  Hopefully it will last a long time and he can give it to his baby brother when he outgrows it.  The one on the right was made with Vanna's yarn.






No comments:

Post a Comment