Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's been so long!

It has been such a long time since I posted anything at all!  There really is no excuse except that my user name and password were forgotten and I didn't want to deal with trying to figure it out.  However, all is well now and new posts should be fairly regular.  


First, I'd like to thank the one person I know who actually checks to see if I've posted anything new: 
        
My wonderful boyfriend Mark is always encouraging me to continue with my blog because it's his favorite.  (Yes, he's so sweet that he exaggerates how much he enjoys reading about knitting. lol) 


Anyway, back to the knitting!  This summer I've worked on quite a few different projects.  During the spring I began knitting socks.  They are awesome!  Before starting to follow patterns,  socks always seemed impossible.  The people who actually knit socks were experts in my mind.  Now I know that just because you can knit socks does not mean you are an expert by any means, but it does show growth and improvement.  

The first socks were completed in the spring.  These are knit on size 3 DPNS with Noro 'Silk Garden Sock Yarn'.    I forget the lot and color numbers... 

These socks are about a size 7.  They still need blocked. I love the stripes and that they aren't perfectly aligned, but are obviously the same colors.  I am already looking for some sort of shoe so that I can wear them to school in the fall.  They were so much fun to make.  The pattern was just an easy ribbed sock pattern from Ravelry.  


The next pair of socks were just finished at the beginning of July.  I used the same ribbed sock pattern but used a knit behind, purl ribbing at the top.   I made these for a teacher at school who retired.  I'm not quite sure that I will give them to her because they don't actually match.  


These were made from Zauberball Crazy 1537.  They were supposed to be self striping.  I loved the orange, blue, green, and yellow that was all kind of mixed together.  I made these in a size 8-9 so they are just a little too big for my feet.  This makes me really sad because these socks are so comfortable.  The yarn was amazing to knit with and is really squishy without being bulky.  Hopefully someone in my family or friend group will think the mix/match colors are interesting and funky and will want them.  






No comments:

Post a Comment