Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mittens, cowl, and blanket, oh my!

This weekend, Mark and I drove to Meadville for the first birthday party of our friends' daughter.  They have a really cute house with a large yard that is bordered by the woods.  They really have the 'American dream' kind of life with their adorable baby, house, and golden retriever! :) 


Although we were busy most of the weekend hanging out and having fun with a bunch of their college friends, I did manage to squeeze in a bit of time to work on knitting the cowl I started this week.  My grandma bought this really pretty yarn at the beginning of the summer.  It sat in my yarn cupboard just waiting for the right project.  


Berroco 'Memoirs' (wool and mohair)
Color: 7706
Dye Lot: 36
Earlier in the week, I finished my left mitten and have everything except the thumb on the right one finished.  I really love making them! I started on the right mitten on Wednesday and got everything except the thumb by Friday!  They're really quick to make.  Next time, I'll decrease the rows in the hand by two to make it a little shorter. 


Dexter wanted to fight the mitten..


My sister Jill thinks that mittens are a pain and that you can't type on your phone or push buttons.  It gets so incredibly cold here in western PA that mittens make a lot of sense.  She may get a pair and will have to wear them and then realize how warm they keep your fingers.
Jill better like whatever I want to give her... There is a very small chance of me making gloves.

After this cowl, I am focussing hardcore on the blanket for Tim's new baby who will be here around November.  I do need to decide on a project to begin at my knitting classes... I'm not sure what to do.. I may want to make a cardigan or learn how to cable or color work.. who knows!


Pretty picture from summer:

Canada.. We had so much fun!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment